An Addon Domain, as its name implies, is an additional registered domain name that you can connect to your Windows Hosting. Like your Primary Domain, you can set up a fully functional website for your Addon Domain name. Learn how you can create Addon Domains in this guide and point your added domain to your web hosting in Plesk.
Important: Addon Domain names, must be registered in the Domain Name System (DNS). If you want to set up an additional domain in your hosting without registering it, you may set up a Subdomain.
Creating an Addon Domain in Plesk
To add another registered domain in your Windows Hosting, with which you can create another separate website, follow the steps below:
- Access your Hosting Manager.
- Click Websites & Domains from the left-side menu.
- Click on the Add Domain button at the top of the page.
- On the field after www., enter the Domain name of the website you want to host.
- The Location of the website's files field is set to your primary domain name by default.
- In the Hosting type drop-down list, select Website hosting. Below is a description of the options found here, for your reference:
- Website hosting - Allows you to create a separate, fully functional website for the added domain name.
- Forwarding - Allows you to create a 301/302 redirect or frame forward for the added domain name.
- No hosting - Allows you to Park the added domain name.
- The Document root field is also automatically created by the system. This is the directory path inside your hosting space, which by default will have the same name as your domain name.
Note: If you want to rename the default path, you can change it by manually typing the path name you prefer in the Document Root field.
- On the Preferred domain section, None is selected by default so that the added-on domain name works the same with or without the www prefix.
- Click OK to save.
You have just created an Addon Domain in Plesk. So, what’s the next step? It is important to make sure that you point your Addon Domain to your Web Hosting. Continue reading this guide and follow the steps below to learn how.
Pointing the Domain To Your Web Hosting
After adding the new domain name to your hosting, you need to update your domain Name Servers to make sure it points to your Windows Hosting. This is so you can have access to the website you’re going to set up.
If your domain is registered with Crazy Domains, your Windows Hosting has been automatically connected to your Addon Domain name. Nevertheless, it is still recommended that you make sure your Name Servers are updated.
Important: If your domain is registered with another provider, you need to make changes to your domain name settings. To do this, you need to log in to their management console and update the Name Servers to the following records:
Note that if you currently have different Name Servers set for the said domain and you changed them, this may affect other products and services you have set up on the domain.
To know more on how to implement changes to your domain settings without affecting other products and services connected to it, click the link below:
If you have any difficulties, contact your provider and give them the Name Servers above to set up on your domain name. If you have further problems, you may also transfer your domain to us.
If you need any assistance with updating your domain Name Servers or transferring your domain to us, please contact our 24/7 technical support.