Do I Need Web Hosting
So you want a website. But what does that actually mean? How do you get from having an idea to putting out a finished online product? The task seems huge - the jargon, buzzwords and technological know-hows all look really complicated. There's an easy solution, though. Let's start from the top.
Getting Started - the Basics
A website is made of files. Every time you load a webpage, you are accessing those files that don't necessarily have to be stored on your computer. The way that they can get to your browser is through a web server that sends them to you on-demand. You need an access to a server to make your website visible online.
This is where Web Hosting comes in.
Great Power and Great Responsibility
What's the difference between your computer and a server? You can just keep your files where they are and send them out whenever people want to, right?
It's a nice idea, but home computers just aren't powerful enough. Think about it - you can have hundreds of people on a website, all clicking different things, looking at your blog, searching for your phone number, and the site still works. That's because the server it's on can respond fast enough. Think about what your computer would do if you tried to run a hundred programs on it at once. A total chaos for sure.
You'd also need a super-fast internet connection and an agreement with your ISP that you'd be using it 24/7. If someone on the other side of the world wants to see your site, you probably want to let them. That means the server has to be up and running all the time. Sleep easy - we at Crazy Domains have a 99.9% uptime guarantee so you know your site is always running.
Those are just some of the reasons why you need Web Hosting if you want a good website. So why get your hosting from Crazy Domains?
Crazy Domains Hosting Advantages
- Speed. Thanks to the latest in hardware (like SSD for file storage) at Crazy Domains we have 300% faster speeds than HDD hosting provides.
- Reliability. Using the latest in Cloud Hosting technology, we can offer sites that stay up even if there is a power outage in the data centre.
- Easy. We can take care of all your needs, and we're available 24/7 to answer your questions. A high standard of service for us is just, well - standard. You can get your site up and running in minutes to enjoy a strong online presence and a strong team on your side.
Got any questions? We'd love to hear from you - get in touch and we'd be happy to help.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to Install WordPress on Your Web Hosting Server
- What Is Web Hosting
- How to Perform a Full Backup of Your Web Hosting
- How to View Your Web Hosting Storage Limits
- Web Hosting showing as Pending Setup