An MX Record (Mail eXchange Record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System that defines how emails will be delivered for your domain. If your MX Record is incorrect, you will NOT be able to receive emails.
If you use multiple mail servers, you can specify a preference value using an MX Record to prioritize mail delivery to the mail server of your choice. Records that have the same Priority will be read randomly by the server, instead of prioritizing one over the other.
To create an MX Record for your domain name, you will need to change the DNS Settings, which can be found under each domain name within your Account Manager. However, where you create your MX Records will depend on the Name Servers you have set for your domain, as shown in the table below:
||Where to update CNAME Records
|Hosting Manager or Plesk Panel
Creating MX Records
If your domain name is registered with Crazy Domains and meets the Name Server requirements mentioned above, you can update the MX Record through the Account Manager with these steps:
- Click on My Account at the top of this page.
- Ensure that Account Manager is selected.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click on the Visit My Account button.
- Click Domains from the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the domain name you wish to manage.
If you only have one domain, you will automatically be redirected to its management page.
- Scroll down to the DNS Settings section, click the menu icon on the right and select Add Record from the drop-down menu.
- Select MX Record from the drop-down menu and click Add.
- Enter the Sub Domain if necessary, set the Priority number (lower numbers mean higher priority), and enter the MX Record in the Assigned To Server field.
- Click Update.
Note: Remember to delete all the other existing MX Records so that only the ones you created remain. This is to ensure that the server connects to the correct records only.
Congratulations! You just updated the MX Records.
MX Records are applied immediately but may take up to 2 hours to propagate across the Internet. If you have created your MX Records and have seen no change, please wait for this propagation to complete. Otherwise, it is advised that you contact our 24/7 customer support.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.