What is MySQL?
MySQL stands for My Structured Query Language is an open-source database management system. It is where data or information for your website is stored. However, in order to access data from MySQL, your system needs a computer language such as Java, Perl, Python, and PHP.
It was developed by Oracle Corporation and was initially released on May 23, 1995.
Fun fact: The term MySQL is a combination of "My", Michael Widenius' daughter, and the acronym for Structured Query Language, which is a programming language designed to manage data.
If you want to know more about what is a MySQL database, click the link below:
How to access MySQL manager
If you want to create a MySQL database, a privileged user to access your database/s, or you want to modify user privileges, you can do so by going to the MySQL Databases section within your Hosting Manager.
To access and manage your MySQL databases in Hosting Manager, follow the steps below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, and click Log In.
- On the Home page, click the word Databases or the [ v ] arrow symbol on the right side.
- Next, click the MySQL Databases button, which is next to the phpMyAdmin icon.
You will then be redirected to the MySQL Databases main page.
Congratulations, you now know how to access MySQL databases in Hosting Manager.
If you want to know how to create a MySQL Database and User, click the link below: