How to Change Administrator’s Password in Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2016
To change the administrator’s password in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016, simply complete the following steps:
- Log in as Administrator User to your Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Alt+End if you logged in to the Windows Server via RDP.
- Select Change a password.
- Type your old administrator password, your new password, and then confirm your new password. Your new password must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be at least 10 symbols.
- Use a combination of numbers as well as uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Not be a repeat from any of the last 5 previously used passwords.
- Not include your login, first name or last name.
- Press Enter to complete.
Congratulations! You have changed your administrator password in Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2016.
If you want to know how to set up the Windows Server, click here.
If you want to know how to upgrade your Windows Server, click here.
If you want to know how to start and reboot the Hyper V Server, click here.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to reset your Windows VPS password
- How to setup the Windows Server
- Which Windows version will be installed on my server?
- Can I add more Memory, Disk Storage and Cores to my Windows Server?
- How can I purchase a Windows Server?