How to Change my Mail Account Password in Plesk?
What is a Mail Account Password?
A Mail/Email Account Password is a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols that serves as your key to accessing your Mail Account.
Every Mail Account must have a strong password to ensure that your emails are protected. You will know if your password is weak or strong because the strength meter will automatically appear once you start typing a password in the Password field.
We highly recommend that you change your password often for security purposes, especially if you have logged in to your Mail Account using another computer or device, or if you think that an unauthorized access has occurred.
How to change your Mail Account Password?
You can change your Mail Account Password within Plesk by following the instructions below:
- Click Sign Up / Log In at the top of this page.
- Select Hosting Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
- Click Mail from the left-side menu.
A list of all Email Addresses created in Plesk will appear.
- Click on the Email Address whose password you wish to change.
- Enter a new Password in the field provided.
You can click on the Generate button to use a system-generated, strong password that is random and unique.
Note: Do NOT forget to click Show to view and copy the system-generated password.
- Re-enter your new password in the Confirm password field.
For system-generated passwords, this field is automatically filled by the system.
- Click OK at the bottom of the page to save your new settings.
A confirmation message will appear indicating you’ve successfully changed your Mail Account Password.
Congratulations! You've just learned how to change your Mail Account Password in Plesk.
Important Note: Make sure that you also change the password to the Email Client (e.g. Outlook) connected to the Mail Account with the new password, so you'll be able to receive emails there as well. You are only given a certain number of attempts to log in to your account. Once you've reached the maximum number of attempts, your IP will be blocked. If you wish to change your password, you will have to update the Mail Password on all your devices as soon as possible to avoid getting blocked.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How To Create a Mail Account in Plesk
- How To Increase the Storage Limit of Your Mail Account in Plesk
- How to reset my FTP Account Password in Plesk
- How To Reset My WordPress Password in Plesk
- How To Reset My Email Password in Plesk