Aside from creating file or disk-level backups, you can also create system state backups of your Windows computer using Cloud Backup.
Important Note: You can only create system state backups if your computer is running Windows Vista operating system or later.
Creating backups and performing recoveries of machines can be performed via the backup agent or the web console.
If you want to know how to access the Cloud Backup console, click the guide below:
If you want to access the Cloud Backup console via the Cloud Backup Agent, you have to first download and install the appropriate agent for your computer or device.
If you want to know how to download the Cloud Backup Agent, click the link below:
If you want to know how to install the Cloud Backup Agent, click the link below:
How to back up System State using Cloud Backup
To back up system state using Cloud Backup, follow the guide below:
- Click Device on the left menu bar, which will open the list of all computers and devices connected to the Cloud Backup service.
- Select the computer/device you want to back up, then click Backup on the right menu, then click Add Backup Plan.
If you don’t have a Backup Plan yet, you will be directed to a New Backup Plan template.
- In the What to back up field, select System state.
Other fields you can also modify in the backup plan are the following:
Where to back up
||This is where you can set where to back up your files and folders.
Your options are:
- Cloud storage
- Local folders
- Network folder
||This is where you can set when the Cloud Backup Agent should automatically run.
How long to keep
||This is where you can set how long the Cloud Backup system will keep, or when to clean up, the backup/s you have created.
||This is where you can set an additional security encryption to your backup.
Important note: If you lose or forget the password you have set, there is no way to recover the encrypted backup/s. So make sure to remember the password or store it in a safe place.
- After setting your preferences, click Apply to start creating the system state backup.
A System state backup comprises the following files:
- Task scheduler configuration
- VSS Metadata Store
- Performance counter configuration information
- MSSearch Service
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- The registry
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Component Services Class registration database
Congratulations, you now know how to back up System state using Cloud Backup.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.