How To Delete a Catch-All Email Account in Plesk
Normally, if an email is sent to an unknown address on your domain name, the sender will receive a bounce back notifying the sender that the email had failed. If you’ve set up a Catch-All email account, misaddressed emails on your domain will be sent to the specific email address you have set, instead of a bounce back to the sender.
However, aside from receiving misaddressed messages, setting up a Catch-All email account can give you a MASSIVE increase in spam. If this is the case, we recommend that you remove your Catch-All account. If your email address is commonly misspelled, then an email forwarding is a preferred option.
Follow the steps below to delete a Catch-All email account through the Plesk panel:
- Access your Hosting Manager.
- Click Mail from the left-side menu.
- Click on the Mail Settings tab at the top.
- Click the domain name whose Catch-All email account you wish to remove.
- Select Reject. This is also the default setting if no Catch-All email account is created for a domain.
- Click OK to save.
You have now deleted the Catch-All email account in Plesk.
Note: All emails sent to non-existing emails with your domain name will bounce-back to the sender informing them that there is no such user.
For assistance, or if you have any questions in deleting a Catch-All email Account in Plesk, please contact us.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How To Set up a Catch-All Email Account in Plesk
- How to delete FTP users in Plesk
- How To Create a Mail Account in Plesk
- How To Increase the Storage Limit of Your Mail Account in Plesk
- How to Change my Mail Account Password in Plesk?