You have the freedom to select your desired Blog Format when you customise your Blog Page Settings. Your chosen format will reflect how your blog posts will be arranged and displayed on your blog page.
One of the available blog format options is the List View.
The List format allows you to display posts on the blog page one by one, but not including the whole content.
Follow the steps below to apply List format to your blog page.
- Log In to access the Website Builder dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- Click Pages from the left-side menu, hover your mouse pointer over Blog, then click the Gear Icon on its right.
Note: Make sure you have enabled Blog first before proceeding to these steps.
- Under Format, click List. The List View preview will then be immediately shown on the site editor.
- Set the following Page Settings under List:
|Posts Per Page
|Specify the number of posts per page you want to be displayed using the corresponding range slider.
Note: Posts per page is set to 15 by default.
|Click on the corresponding drop-down menu to choose between these two specific styles: Standard or Compact.
|Click on the corresponding drop-down menu to select your preferred page width.
|Switch on this button if you want to display your post's cover photo.
|Click on the corresponding drop-down menu to select the photos' aspect ratio.
|Switch on this button if you want to display a 200-character excerpt for each post.
|Switch on this button if you want to display the post's cover date.
|Switch on this button if you want to add a "Read More" link at the bottom of each post.
|Switch on this button if you want to insert a divider, in the form of a horizontal line, in-between posts.
|Click on the corresponding drop-down menu to select whether you want your posts to be continuous or be displayed by page.
If you select the Pagination option, a corresponding drop-down menu will appear where you can further select your preferred pagination style.
|Enter your desired blog page title in the field provided. This will appear on the web browser tab when your blog page is viewed.
|Enter your desired blog page description in the field provided. This outlines the overall content of your blog page. It will be displayed by search engines in a limited number of 160 characters, for Google’s SERP.
- Click the Set as Homepage button if you want your blog page to be your default homepage. This means that once visitors access your website, your blog page will serve as the landing page.
Settings preview is automatically shown on the site editor while you customise. Don't forget to click the Publish button to save changes.
You've just successfully managed your blog page's List View settings.