How to Redirect a Subdomain to Another Page
There are different ways to create a division for specific areas on your website. And creating a Subdomain is one of them. A Subdomain allows you to create additional pages as an extension to your main Domain Name without any cost. In this article, we’ll give you insights on why redirecting a Subdomain is helpful for you and your website. Also, how to redirect a Subdomain in your Hosting Manager.
Why Redirect Subdomain
Website owners use Subdomain for a lot of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Redirect Subdomain’s web pages if it has moved to a new Subdomain location. For example, you can redirect sell.mydomain.com to shop.mydomain.com.
- Allows you to organise your existing website into a separate site. Making it easier for visitors to remember and accessing these site pages.
- Forward visitors to specific sections on your website. Or, directly back to your main site. For example, main.mydomain.com to mydomain.com.
- It is cost efficient. Compared to purchasing a new domain name as an Addon to your site. Subdomains save you from that trouble. You can create additional website pages as an extension for your main domain for free.
How to Redirect Subdomain
You can redirect visitors from a Subdomain to another site address. For example, support.mydomain.com to help.mydomain.com. Follow the steps below to manage redirection.
|Step 1.||Access your Hosting Manager.|
|Step 2.||From the Home page,scroll to the Domains tab, then click the Subdomains icon.|
|Step 3.||On the Subdomain page, scroll down to the Modify a Subdomain section of the page.
If you have multiple Subdomains, you can look it up by typing in the Subdomain name in the search textbox, then click the Go button.
|Step 4.||Click the Manage Redirection link on the right side of the subdomain you want to manage.|
|Step 5.||Enter the complete website address that your subdomain redirects to, then click Save.|
|Step 6.||If you wish to Disable redirection of a specific Subdomain, click the Disable Redirection button.|
Click the Go Back button to go back to the Subdomain page.
It will then redirect your Subdomain to the address you inputted. You can also manage your subdomain settings in your hosting account, including creating, editing, and removing Subdomain. Please let us know if you need any further assistance, or if you have any questions. We’d love to help!
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- How to Manage Hosting Account Subdomain
- How to Create a Subdomain
- How to Redirect My Domain Name to My Web Hosting
- What Is a Subdomain
- How to Create an Addon Domain