Install an SSL Certificate on an Exchange 2007 server
You can install SSL for Exchange 2007 by doing the following:
- Open the Exchange Management Shell (Click Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 > Exchange Management Shell).
- From the Exchange Management Shell, run the following command to install the server, root, and intermediate certificates to their respective certificate stores:
Import-ExchangeCertificate -Path c:\exchange_example_net.crt | Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services SMTPWhere c:\exchange_example_net.crt is your certificate that you got.
- The Services flag sets which services the certificate is enabled for.
Valid options include: SMTP, IMAP, POP, IIS, UM.
- To enable multiple services, run the following:
Import-ExchangeCertificate -Path c:\exchange_example_net.crt | Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services "SMTP, POP, IMAP, IIS"Where c:\exchange_example_net.crt is your certificate that you got.
Congratulations, you have installed SSL for Exchange 2007.
Before users' browsers will automatically trust your certificate, you must also install the Intermediate Certificates on your Server.
Installing the Intermediate Certificate Files
Once you have installed the site certificate, you may need to follow the below procedure with the other files that you have been sent in order to complete the installation.
- Double-click the root certificate (TrustedRoot.crt) to open the installation wizard.
- Choose Place all certificates in the following store, then click on Browse.
- Choose Show physical stores, then Trusted Root Certification Authorities and finally Local Computer.
- Click Ok and hit Next in the wizard, then Finish.
- Then follow the same steps for the intermediate certificate (DigiCertCA.crt), but place it in the store for Intermediate Certification Authorities instead.
- Restart your Server.
Congratulations, you have installed the Intermediate Certificate Files.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- Install an SSL Certificate on an Exchange 2010 server
- Install an SSL Certificate on an Exchange 2013 server
- Install an SSL Certificate on a FileZilla server
- Install an SSL Certificate on a Plesk server
- Install an SSL Certificate on a WHM/cPanel server