Install SSH Server on Debian or Ubuntu VPS
You can install an SSH Server in Debian/Ubuntu VPS by doing the following:
- Open your VPS console from the Power Management control panel.
- Log In to your VPS by entering your username and password.
- Install the SSH package with the apt-get command. To install the SSH Server package, type:
# apt-get update # apt-get install openssh-server
- Start the SSH service with the following command:
# chkconfig sshd on # /etc/init.d/ssh start
- The SSH service runs at port 22 by default. You can check if port 22 is open by using the following command:
# netstat -tulpn | grep :22
Congratulations, you have installed SSH Server on your Debian/Ubuntu VPS.
To configure the SSH Server edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and update the configuration values.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- Configuring SSH Server on Debian or Ubuntu
- Install MySQL database server on Debian or Ubuntu
- Install the vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu or Debian
- Install Apache Web Server under Debian or Ubuntu
- How to Install or Upgrade PHP Under Debian or Ubuntu?