Using CuteFTP to upload
CuteFTP is popular File Transfer Protocol ( FTP) software from GlobalSCAPE which is available on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
This tutorial covers the basics of uploading your website using CuteFTP for Windows. The following screen shots are taken with CuteFTP 9.0, but they should be very similar for users of later versions and different operating systems.
Getting your FTP settings
You will need to have your FTP settings on hand in order to use CuteFTP to upload your website. This is the FTP information you will need in order to use an FTP client:
|Start Directory||Leave the box blank or enter a single forward slash (/).|
How to use CuteFTP
This tutorial shows you how to use CuteFTP To Upload. You can use CuteFTP to upload by doing the following:
|Step 1.||Start CuteFTP.|
|Step 2.||Click File on the menu, select New then click FTP Site.|
|Step 3.||Complete these fields in the Site Properties window:|
|Below is the description of the fields:|
|Step 4.||Click Connect.|
You can now upload your files using CuteFTP.
Uploading or Downloading files
Once you have connected to a server, you can transfer files in one of three ways:
- Transfer Arrows. Select a file to transfer. Click the arrow that points away from the pane the file is in.
- Drag and Drop. Click on a file and hold the left mouse button while you drag the file to where you want to transfer it. Select multiple files by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting.
- Copy and Paste. Right-click on a file and select Copy. Then, right-click where you want to transfer the file and select Paste.
The left window is your computer files. The right window is your web server. Locate the public_html directory on your web server. Click to open and move all website files here.
All files must go in the public_html folder. Do NOT place any other files anywhere but here. Your home page file name MUST be labelled index.htm or index.html. The server will try to find this page to display as your first page.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- What Folder Should I Upload My Files To
- How to Use Fetch to Upload Files
- Using Notepad++ to upload
- Using FileZilla to upload
- Using Windows 7 to upload