What Is Email Forwarding
The regular flow of email messages is simply to send the email from one end and receive it on the other. In this case, when [email protected] (sender) sends a message to [email protected] (recipient), the email message is received by the defined recipient.
Email Forwarding is when you want to direct an incoming message to another email address, instead of the recipient defined by the sender.
For example, emailA sends a message to emailB, but emailB has set his Email Forwarding so that messages are directed to emailC. In this case, the email message takes a sort of detour and flows into the defined Mailbox by the recipient.
Set up Email Forwards with Email Exchange
Email Exchange allows you to set up Email Forwarding by accessing your Email Flow Settings. Follow the guide below to know how:
- Log in to your Exchange Manager.
- On your home screen, click the Mailboxes icon under the Hosted Organization - Exchange section.
- Click the Display Name corresponding to the Mailbox that you wish to manage.
- Click on the Mail Flow Settings tab, then tick the box beside Enable Forwarding. A Forward To field will appear below it.
- Click the Lookup User button to select a recipient from your Contacts list.
Note: The Contact you set here will receive all the forwarded messages sent to this specific Mailbox. If you can't find the desired email address from the list, add it in your Contacts list first using the instructions here.
- Enable Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox if you want the forwarding email address and the email recipient to get copies of the emails sent.
- Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom-right section of the page.
Congratulations! You've just set up Email Forwarding for your Mailbox with Email Exchange.
Below is a description of the other options you can manage under Mail Flow Settings:
|Send On Behalf
|By granting this permission, you are enabling another Mailbox Account/User to send emails marked with "on behalf of".
If you've forwarded emails to another Mailbox Account/User, you can also grant this permission so they can reply to messages with an "on behalf of" marker.
Click Add to search for a Mailbox Account/User, then click Add Accounts.
|Accept Messages From
|This is set to All senders by default so that all messages are received (or forwarded if enabled).
Tick Only senders in the following list to specify the Contacts to receive messages from. Messages from unspecified Contacts will be rejected.
Enable Require that all senders are authenticated if you want to reject messages coming from external users (or users outside of your Exchange Organization).
|Reject Messages From
|This is set to No Senders by default so that no messages from your Exchange Organization are rejected.
Enable Senders in the following list to specify the Contacts to reject messages from.
If you've set some restrictions to the Mail Flow Settings, don't forget to click Save Changes. For futher queries, do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 Support.