Small- and medium-sized businesses, agencies, freelancers, you name it; everyone wants a slice of the AI cake. Understandably so.
The generative AI industry is estimated to reach $110 billion by 2030, piggybacking on the popularity of tools such as OpenAI’s ChatGPT, launched in November 2022, and Bard AI, Google’s transformative language model launched in March 2023.
In fact, ChatGPT reached a staggering 100 million active users within just two months of its official launch!
Understanding how the two works will help you analyse which tool is better for your specific needs. In this blog, we will cover everything you need to know about Bard AI vs ChatGPT. Let’s jump in.
What is Google Bard?
Bard AI is Google’s equivalent of Open AI’s ChatGPT. Both these tools fall into the category of generative AI. Here’s how generative AI works:
- A user inputs a query into the platform
- The platform extracts data from its machine-learning model
- The content is generated based on the user’s query/question
Bard is essentially an AI-powered chatbot that uses Google’s Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA) and draws responses from the web. This intelligent bot is intended to:
- Understand how language works
- Simulate and mimic human conversations with advanced Machine Learning (ML) models
- Answer user search queries
Bard AI vs ChatGPT: How the Two Differ
At first glance, both platforms may look the same as they use deep learning algorithms to generate natural language responses to user inputs.
The difference lies in the way Bard perceives natural languages and leverages language generation skills. Google’s CEO, Sundar Pichai, explains what Bard is all about. He says:
“Bard is an experimental conversational AI service that combines the world’s knowledge with the power, intelligence, and creativity of Google’s large language models. It draws on information from the web to provide fresh, high-quality responses.”
In terms of application, he claims that you can use Bard as ‘an outlet for creativity,’ a ‘launchpad for curiosity,’ or as a tool to ‘get drills to build your skills.’
Let’s look at the key differences between the two platforms in greater detail:
|Main technology used||
The takeaway: Think of ChatGPT as a large-scale, massive content generator that can emulate human conversations.
On the other hand, Bard can mimic the conversational and analytical styles of humans to help them understand the big picture and learn more from the web.
The Impact of AI Tools on Different Industries
“Venture capital firms have invested over $1.7 billion in generative AI solutions over the last three years.” – Gartner report
The report also claims that:
- By 2025, 30% of outbound marketing messages from large organisations will be synthetically generated (up from less than 2% in 2022).
- By 2030, a major blockbuster film will be released with 90% of the film generated by AI (from text to video) (from 0% in 2022).
- By 2025, more than 30% of new drugs and materials will be systematically discovered using generative AI techniques (up from 0% in 2023).
AI tools also have a significant impact on various industries, including web development agencies and marketing services:
Web development agencies
AI tools have revolutionised web development in more ways than one. This includes making it more efficient and accessible for starters.
For instance, AI-powered website builders, such as those by Crazy Domains, can help you create professional-looking websites without the need for any coding knowledge.
These companies also often use AI-powered chatbots to provide personalised customer support to website visitors.
Additionally, AI can be used to:
- Optimise website content for search engines
- Improve website speed and security
- Provide actionable insights on user behaviour
The marketing industry too is reaping the benefits of AI-powered tools.
With these generative platforms, marketers can now:
- Access valuable data insights relating to customer behaviour, social media trends, and website analytics
- Automate routine tasks and improve the quality of customer targeting
- ‘Delegate’ monotonous, repetitive tasks to AI-powered chatbots that can handle routine customer inquiries and free up their time to focus on more strategic tasks
- Drive ad targeting by identifying the most relevant audience for a particular ad campaign and optimise the ad placement
- Send out and create solid email marketing and social media campaigns
AI tools have made significant strides in the healthcare industry by assisting in diagnosing diseases and analysing medical images.
These intelligent algorithms can:
- Analyse vast amounts of data, including patient records and medical literature, to identify patterns and make predictions about a patient’s health
- Assist in identifying potential drug interactions and side effects
- Analyse medical images, such as X-rays and MRI scans, to identify potential health problems, including tumors and other abnormalities
When it comes to AI applications, the finance industry is not far behind either.
Financial institutions are automating routine tasks by taking advantage of chatbots. AI-powered chatbots can handle FAQ-type customer inquiries, freeing up customer service agents to focus on more complex issues.
Additionally, AI can be used to identify fraudulent transactions and prevent financial crimes. Take MasterCard’s chatbot, KAI, for example:
Photo by Mastercard
This bot can assist customers with a variety of use cases and functions, such as:
- Reviewing basic account information
- Listing the purchase history
- Monitoring the customer’s spend levels
- Providing Mastercard cardholder benefits
- Helping with financial literacy
All in all, AI algorithms can analyse financial data, including transactions, market trends, and customer behaviour, to provide insights into investment strategies and risk management — a big advantage for financial firms.
How AI Impacts SEO
AI is changing the landscape of SEO. As businesses adapt to this new technology, they must focus on creating higher quality, more relevant, and more personalised content that meets the evolving needs of their target audience.
If you need an extra hand, Crazy Domains’ Managed SEO is here to help you optimise your website to rank on search engines. No need to learn and implement SEO on your own. Our experts will do the grunt work so you can focus on more important aspects of your business.
Use AI to Your Business’s Advantage
In the battle of Bard AI vs ChatGPT, Bard wins. Though ChatGPT has a wider pool of use cases, it may not deliver 100% accurate information. Considering the fact that Bard extracts the latest information from the internet, it automatically emerges a winner.
At the end of the day, you get to assess and decide which tool best suits your business needs. The key to improving your business efficiency is to use AI wisely, employ expert help, and consistently monitor your progress.